Monday, October 20, 2014

Rooster Platter and a Freeze Plug

Like I said yesterday, roosters seem to be popping up everywhere around here. Here's a rooster platter I made. On the ground under his feet I added a few kernels of chicken feed for him.

Yesterday I was talking to Gary about my rooster bank. He asked what I was going to plug the lower hole with. I said I'll plug it with a cork or wooden or rubber stopper. He said what if you used a freeze plug that expands as it's inserted. I may look into these rubber freeze plugs for my banks. Clay and auto parts combined, who knew. OK I just looked at the price of these, maybe I'll stick with a cork. Ha.

When I came upstairs and glanced out the window I saw a beautiful sunset. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

9 comments:

  1. Have you tried these ? http://www.aftosa.com/rubber-stoppers/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like using tapered stoppers as Dennis suggests, it helps with the margin for error.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a toss up here between the rooster and the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dennis, thanks for the link I'll check it out.

    Hi Lori, thanks, yes I think something tapered is the ticket.

    Hi Joanne, thanks, isn't that sunset something wonderful; I like making colorful roosters too. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A taper definitely helps. I always know that our piggy bank corks will always fit because they have a good taper. The piggy jars are another story. Often times I have to sand down the cork to get a good fit. The larger corks have almost no taper to them.

    Your roosters are great. The one you sent me is hanging in my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK< you must have lived around roosters at some point, in order to give such a life-like image on your platter. Well, plus you're an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michele, thanks, oh I'll definitely need a tapered cork as my holes are never going to be the right size.

    Hi Barbara, thanks, remember the roosters I saw while camping they must have influenced me cause I've never grown up with roosters. I just look at a few pictures on google images to get an idea and then I paint away with my underglazes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the rooster platter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Dee, thanks, I could make a bunch of these since roosters come in so many different feather colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment